Monday, September 12, 2011

snow bunting birds

                My favorite station is winter. Did you saw today´s climate? It was cold when I woke up, and I did not wanted to get out from my bed but I knew I had to, and after I did the cold was not that bad. After the chills had gone I had no cold any more.  It felt fresh, but sporadically, during all day, I felt those chills again. Those chills were not uncomfortable, I somehow like them. Many people might wonder how can I like chills caused by cold, besides it is uncomfortable having sweaters and a quilts on. Still I like cold.  Have you ever wondered or has someone asked you whether you´ll prefer die burned or frozen? Personally I would choose frozen. But how about those really warm days when you cannot do anything to cool yourself? I have nothing against warm weather, but you have limits on ways to refresh yourself, I mean once you are naked you cannot take anything more off, and in the other hand if you are cold you can always put more clothes on.
                I like cold because it makes me feel alive. When I have a chill I feel like if all my blood was changing from the top of my head to the bottom of my feet. Sometimes you can feel more than that, even your cells. It might also be just a small chill producing you, for a couple of seconds, goosebumps. Although, that is more than enough to remind you that you are alive, that you still need to keep living, keep trying, doing your best to survive; even if it is just symbolized with a cold breeze entering through your window, or maybe you just need to put a sweater on.  It is about finding those moments in your life when you are cold but being able to think in your own body, having total control over it, and being able to warm yourself up.
                What about those depressing, drizzling, dark, cloudy and cold days when everything seems bad, without energy and even hopeless? I like those days, but I do not feel or think about them the way I just said. I like them because it is an opportunity to be happy and positive when almost no one feels that way. It is an opportunity to show the people around you, but also, yourself, that you can do it and that no matter what nothing will stop you from getting where you want to go.  Those days make me think about what I am going through, what I will do, how  I will get somewhere, how will I solve a problem, or just think about life, philosophizing and reminiscing. I get to think about how the Earth was so amazingly perfectly made. How, when everything seems bad, or negative, you can get under the frost and find the beauty and positivism of nature.
                The cold is comforting to me. I know I can get on my bed or a couch with a snuggie on, get comfortable, and in matter of minutes I will be warm right with the temperature my body needs. I can be sad, and in certain cases the gray environment will make me feel more down, but after I have got warm and comfortable I can feel how slowly, from my body, to my mind, to my soul I am feeling better.
           The cold weather can make me feel happy no matter if I'm feeling already good or bad. It makes me feel alive and it gives me a purpose for that day to try to make others happy and to make them feel the way I do. My blog´s name says snow bunting, and that is the name of the birds in the back image of it. I chose both the name and the picture of that small bird because they are cold weather animals. The snow buntings can live in the snow and pretty low temperatures, and no matter how small they are compared to the world, or how easier they can freeze because of their small size, they are still living without complaining about it. You can see it as a metaphor in which the little and indefense snow bunting bird is living in a hard environment, with cold and with scarcely enough food, but they are still singing. And that is what we are supposed to do; we have to take the best of what we got and take advantage of it.  I like cold days because I feel like if I was giving one more opportunity to overcome myself and become a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment